Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Today is a new day. I love the way that even though life sometimes rushes over us like waves on the ocean we can wake up and everything seems new...endless possibilities...
Each and every day is a new day. I have been reflecting a lot on time, the passing of time and what we do with the time we have given to us.
My mother created a beautiful art piece entitled "time in a bottle"...this is part of our "message on a bottle" series we are creating for our etsy shop...they soon will be on there...so I will keep you posted...
I feel blessed. Life is full of infinite love. I have been full of this love every day, despite all that happens and all of the craziness that ensues....
I have been reading some quotes by Emerson that have really been helping me.
Here are some for you, I hope they make your journey lighter.

Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Make yourself necessary to somebody. Do not make life hard to any.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hitch your wagon to a star.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson,
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[info][add][mail]
Ralph Waldo Emerson,


4 comments:

  1. YOU are a gift.
    BEAUTIFUL post.
    ;^)
    Love you, Marm

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic quotes. If we could live this way every day, I think we could make our lives and the world a better place. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another comment from me. I hope you won't mind; I loved one of these so much I put it on my own blog, with a link and a thank you back to you. Thank you for bringing these to our attention.

    I found your blog through your mom's. Good job, and best wishes to you...♥

    ReplyDelete