Friday, June 25, 2010

Creating Beauty out of the ordinary-Practical decor-





I love the feeling of being resourceful. My mother taught my sisters and I, as her mother taught her. I remember hearing that my great-grandmother Hines used to hand-wash plastic bags, and re-use them. She also washed pickle jars out and used them like we would tupperware...now that is recycling, at its utmost.

Here is a creation that I have made out of old jars and a vintage cabinet door. With a little wire, old hankies, ribbon, cup hooks and hardware, it is the prettiest, yet most practical storage display piece.

It can hang above a desk, make-up table or in a kitchen to store pencils, paper-clips, cooking utencils or make-up brushes.

The possibilities are endless.

Stay tuned for a D.I.Y. feature on this item.

1 comment: